How can my hospital get involved?
Many of our topics have specific recommendations for hospitals such as clinical guidelines to follow or recommendations to be a part of a quality improvement program. We encourage all hospitals to follow our recommendations.
- Addiction and Dependence Treatment
- Bundled Payment and Warranty: Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery
- Bundled Payment and Warranty: Total Knee and Total Hip Replacement
- Bundled Payment and Warranty: Lumbar Fusion
- End-of-Life Care
- Low Back Pain
- Hospital Readmissions
- Oncology Care
- Prostate Cancer Screening
- Spine SCOAP
How are hospitals represented?
There are five membership seats dedicated to representatives from the hospital setting:
- Two physicians representing the largest hospital-based physician groups in the state submitted jointly by the Washington State Medical Association and the Washington State Hospital Association. Currently:
- Christopher Kodama MD, MultiCare Health System
- Robert Mecklenburg MD, Virginia Mason Medical Center
- Three representatives of hospital systems, at least one of whom is responsible for quality submitted by the Washington State Hospital Association. Currently:
- Wm. Richard Ludwig MD, Providence Health and Services
- Kimberly Moore MD, Franciscan Health System
- Carol Wagner RN, MBA, The Washington State Hospital Association