How can my health plan get involved?
Many of our recommendations have specific guidelines for health plans. We encourage all health plans to follow our recommendations.
- Addiction and Dependence Treatment
- Bundled Payment and Warranty: Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery
- undled Payment and Warranty: Total Knee and Total Hip Replacement
- Bundled Payment and Warranty: Lumbar Fusion
- End-of-Life Care
- Low Back Pain
- Hospital Readmissions
- Oncology Care
- Prostate Cancer Screening
- Spine SCOAP
How are health plans represented?
There are four membership seats dedicated to health plan representatives:
- Two representatives of health carriers or third party administrators. Currently:
- John Espinola MD, MPH, Premera Blue Cross
- Bruce Smith MD, Regence Blue Shield
- Additional member: John Robinson MD, SM, First Choice Health
- One representative of a health maintenance organization. Currently:
- Paula Lozano MD, MPH, Group Health Cooperative
- One representative of a national health carrier, submitted by the Association of Washington Healthcare Plans. Currently:
- Lani Spencer RN, MHA, Amerigroup